Latest Major Update
The journey to Armello’s biggest update has begun and the first stop along The Road to 2.0 is the February update!
Below are the major elements of the February update, but feel free to peruse the patch notes here.
We’ve given the Trickery Deck a little bit of love with two new cards that bring an entirely new card mechanic to Armello, players can now summon merchants to Settlements in Armello! Roxy has you covered for Followers, and Biff has all the Treasures you need.
Full description of the new cards and the Merchant system here.
The second major feature of this update is the arrival of two Novellas, and an in-game Novella reader!
The King Part One & Two novellas are now available in-game. All you have to do is step into Skeeve’s Shop and pick ’em up. Don’t worry though, Skeeve is happy to hand these out for FREE. Once obtained, navigate to your in-game inventory, open one up and allow the beautiful words to pour into your mind.
This is by far the most extensive and in-depth exploration of Armello’s lore to date. We’re really excited for you to finally dive into the King’s origins tale.
Full description of the Novellas and the in-game reader here.
For 36 hours every Wednesday, a new event will become available, Stranger Games! Opening an additional multiplayer queue that features a different set of House Rules every week. This will be an extra queue, so it’s purely opt-in. Coin flips and therefore Chests and Keys will drop in this queue too, so you can get your dirty mitts on your loot in a different way now.
For those of you requesting split queues for Fury Friday, you’ll be happy to hear this new functionality will apply to all events. So you can now avoid getting Furious on Fridays if that’s your jam. <3
Full description of Stranger Games and queue splitting here.
And a Whole Lot Under the Hood
On top of the major features mentioned above, over the course of every update we add numerous bug fixes and experience improvements, and will naturally continue to improve stability and quality of life via numerous small patches in the lead up to our next major update.
If you’d like a closer look into these smaller fixes/features, don’t forget you can check out the patch notes here.
An Ever-Growing Adventure
Armello officially launched in 2015 and since then our primary goal here at League of Geeks has been to continue developing new and interesting features to progress and refine Armello’s world and its intricate mechanics. By purchasing Armello now, you are purchasing years of love and care, with the knowledge that we will continue to devote our hearts and brains to improvements moving forward.
The best tabletop adventures are also wondrous story generators, creating those shared memories of epic adventures with friends and loved ones. In remaining true to this core inspiration, and to provide the twists and turns of any great adventure, Armello features numerous elements of chance; including drawing cards from shared decks, physics-based dice rolls, skill tests in quests, procedural map generation, dungeon auto-exploration, and random story events.
The strategy and immense depth within Armello lies in exerting your mastery of its systems in such a way that you slide the odds as far in your favour as possible – and are prepared to pivot on your strategy at any given turn.
We feel Armello has something to offer all kinds of players, however, considering the above…
- If your blood boils at the very mention of "RNG"… Armello may not be your cup of tea.
- If you are a player that embraces the storytelling potential of RNG or revels in exerting your mastery over its chaos, Armello is very likely to be right up your alley!
- Easy to Play but Hard to Master – Armello is an intuitive game, easy to pick up and experience but with deep and emergent strategy.
- Fast & Thoughtful – Adventuring in Armello is fast-paced fun but filled with deadly tactical and politically complex decisions requiring careful forethought and planning.
- Multiple Playable Heroes – Includes 8 playable Heroes. Each unique Hero possess a special power, stat line and Ai personality. Also heroes can be customised with Amulet and Signet Ring load-outs to match your play style or counter an opponent’s strategy.
- Dynamic Sandbox – Armello features a gorgeous dynamic world which procedurally generates a new board each and every game, complete with a dynamic quest system ensuring no two games of Armello are ever the same.
- Turn-Based Day & Night Cycle – Armello features a fuzzy turn-based system, cycling between Day and Night phases. The fuzzy turns allow you to still play cards and do certain actions when its not your turn, and when it is you use Action Points to move around the hex board.
- World Class Music & Audio – By Michael Allen, internationally acclaimed artist Lisa Gerrard, Stephan Schutze, Jacek Tuschewski and Kpow Audio.
- Animated Cards – Armello features over 150 beautifully animated in-game Cards, from artists all over the world.
- True Tabletop Feel – We’ve cherry-picked the best parts of the tabletop experience, like the hex-based board and our custom physics-based dice!
About the Game
Armello is a grand swashbuckling adventure that combines three styles of play; The deep tactics of card games with the rich strategy of table top board games, combined with a character role-playing system.
As a hero from one of the clans of Armello, you’ll quest, scheme, hire agents, explore, vanquish monsters, cast spells and face off against other players, with one ultimate end goal in mind — storming the palace and becoming King or Queen of Armello. The Kingdom of Armello is as dangerous as it is beautiful, perils, banes and bandits hide around every corner and a spreading corruption known as the rot is leaving no creature untouched.
Armello is League of Geeks’ attempt to revolutionise digital board and card games, whilst providing players a rich world within which they can craft their own stories of epic adventure. The aim was to create a rich game full of backstabbing, close shaves, shattered alliances, ruses and empty promises – a perfect game to play online with your friends
League of Geeks