Call of Duty Black Ops III
Call of Duty Black Ops III is a science fiction first-person shooter, the twelfth game in the whole Call of Duty franchise and the third chapter in the Black Ops series. The action begins in 2065, 40 years after the events of the second part, so the game has several historical references. However, the game is not a direct sequel to the previous Black Ops game. Players are offered to assume the role of a CIA special unit trooper trying to get along with the new artificial intelligence DNI (Direct Neural Interface) system and to solve mysteries hidden in it. The whole gameplay is divided into three usual for Black Ops series game modes: Campaign, Multiplayer, and Zombies. The single-player campaign can be also completed in a squad (up to four members). Players are able to choose the proper equipment and even customize the character before starting another mission. After the completion, each level could be replayed in a “realistic” difficulty or in a “Nightmares” mode (regular enemies are replaced with zombies).
Mod Tools Open Beta Now Live
The Black Ops 3 Mod Tools Open Beta has arrived! Full version Black Ops 3 owners can install the Mod Tools under the Tool Section via the Steam Library titled Call of Duty: Black Ops III – Mod Tools.
Mod Tools Include:
- Black Ops 3 Steam Workshop*
- Unranked Server Browser*
- Radiant Level Editor
- APE, Asset Property Editor
- Mod Tools Launcher
- Optional additional level building assets from a variety of official Black Ops 3 maps can be installed under the DLC section of Call of Duty: Black Ops III – Mod Tools
- Full examples of the multiplayer map Combine and the Zombies map The Giant
- New Server Settings Menu in Multiplayer Custom Games and Zombies Private Game where you can set how your server will display in the Unranked Server Browser*
- New Mods Menu where you can load and unload your subscribed mods*
*Downloading the mod tools is not required for these items or to play Black Ops 3 Steam Workshop content
Multiplayer Starter Pack Available
The Call of Duty: Black Ops III Multiplayer Starter Pack allows you to experience the ranked Multiplayer game mode of Black Ops III. This is a Multiplayer-only version of Black Ops III that has limited content. See below for more detail.
The Multiplayer Starter Pack gives you access to Public Ranked Multiplayer matches and features including Weapon Paint Shop, Gunsmith, Arena, Freerun, Theater, and the Black Market.
For the complete Call of Duty: Black Ops III experience, you will need to upgrade to the full version of the game. Below is a list of features not available in the Multiplayer Starter Pack.
Features NOT included in the Call of Duty: Black Ops III Multiplayer Starter Pack:
- Zombies game mode
- Campaign game mode
- Ability to play in Multiplayer custom games
- Ability to Prestige (your level will be capped at 55 in the Starter Pack)
- Access to mod tools or modded content (once released)
- Access to unranked server browser (once released)
- Ability to Fresh Start your profile
- The ability to access Dead Ops Arcade II and Nightmares mode
At any time, you can upgrade to a full version of Call of Duty: Black Ops III, and the price you paid for the Starter Pack will automatically be deducted from the price of the full game or Digital Deluxe Edition.
For more information on the Multiplayer Starter Pack, please visit our FAQ.
With Black Ops III, Treyarch premieres a new momentum-based chained-movement system, allowing players to fluidly move through the environment with finesse, using controlled thrust jumps, slides, and mantling abilities in a multitude of combinations, all while maintaining complete control over your weapon at all times. Black Ops 3 multiplayer also introduces the new Specialist character system, which allows players to rank up and master each specific character’s battle-hardened capabilities and weapons.